Friday, October 24, 2008

End Special Privileges, would it be possible?

The Malaysia Insider today;
Najib ready to end special privileges for Malays

I thought it too good to be true but it seems to be understandable when he said it in a tv interview at Bloomberg Television. Malaysian leader are well known to talk different thing on the tv and do other thing in real.
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 24 — Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is ready to end the special privileges for the Malays, but stressed that this must be done gradually.
In an interview with Bloomberg Television, the Prime Minister-designate said "if we do not change, the people will change us".

It is easy to Najib to talk the talk when in reality, it is impossible for UMNO to accept the end of something good for the party members. I believe most of the left wing extremist would oppose this action because of their neo-malay conservative mentality.
Some analysts Bloomberg spoke to expressed doubt that Umno, the leading party in the ruling coalition, is ready to give up a programme that helps its members. Political consultant Karim Raslan said Umno hasn't fully accepted how much it needs to change.

Even the political analyst don't really believe changes among the UMNO member about the social contract would happen even thou the changes bring more good than bad to their races.

Reading about this news is just like reading a fiction story book. It sound so true but in one deep mind, it just a fantasy. I believe most of the majority Malay acknowledge that the social contract bring more bad than good, but within UMNO and BN, their survival depends to it because without it they will be not be relevant anymore.

2 comments:

LX said...

Nah.. I am skeptical about that.

Jefferi Chang said...

yup.. only happen in my slumber dream.. :P

Notice

I discovered that some one is using my name to write a comment at another people's blog. I don't know what is the intention to do it but i believe it is not a good one.

Please be notice:

1. I never write comment into chat box. I only gave comment at post comment.
2. Please check out with me via my contact email before accusing me making a bad mark on your site. If i find my comment was not true, i will apologize publicly.
3. Police report will be made and investigation will be done to find the culprit. The owner site will be able to track the IP address of the culprits.
4. I will personally take court action against any person who ever trying to spread false impression about me or my business.

***

Facebook