Friday, October 05, 2007

Photos: 70-300mm and 50mm f1.8 photo testing


Mother and kitten resting
on top of the air conditioning


My haiku attempt, a Japanese traditional poem. This photo was shot using the long zoom lens. Cheaper version cost less than RM500. According to one photo equipment shop owner, there are lots of different between cheaper and expensive lens. The main is the technology. Most expensive lens is compatible with digital SLR camera and the cheaper one not. Digital lens utilized all the digital feature of the camera such as vibration reduction, multiple point auto focus, better lens and silence mode. Silence mode is important when you want to take sniper shot on animal or when you spying on husband who got mistress. Vibration reduction is so useful when shooting on a moving platform and zooming on a high distance. The multiple point auto focus help to lock on a moving object such in football tournament and high speed racing.



50mm with max f1.8 aperture lens turn out to be so good in low condition light setting. I took some nice picture on my cousin's wedding with it. The disadvantage is that it cannot to be use in spot shooting in such as actual day wedding. The best use for this lens is on presetting shot as everyone knew studio shot. The DOF (Deep of Field) effect is produce by this lens make the object stand out. Viewers who look at the photo knew instantly the focus object in a photo. The effect also can be copied when using a long zoom lens such as 70-300mm when taking portrait. I plan to take some panorama shot with this lens in future.

No comments:

Notice

I discovered that some one is using my name to write a comment at another people's blog. I don't know what is the intention to do it but i believe it is not a good one.

Please be notice:

1. I never write comment into chat box. I only gave comment at post comment.
2. Please check out with me via my contact email before accusing me making a bad mark on your site. If i find my comment was not true, i will apologize publicly.
3. Police report will be made and investigation will be done to find the culprit. The owner site will be able to track the IP address of the culprits.
4. I will personally take court action against any person who ever trying to spread false impression about me or my business.

***

Facebook